Team Mission and Goals
The mission of the Ashburn Rebels Travel Baseball program is to provide our youth with intensive skill development and a high level of competition.
Our goals are to develop skills, confidence, sportsmanship, teamwork, and to have fun.
Every player should have an equal opportunity to participate and develop. This does not necessarily equate to equal playing time. Actual playing time may vary based on positions played, age level, roster size, and other circumstances. Coaches must use judgment in balancing the needs of individuals and the needs of the team. Winning is important, but only in the context of individual and team development.
Coaches' Code of Ethics
I hereby pledge to live up to my certification as a NYSCA Coach by following the NYSCA Coaches' Code of Ethics.
· I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my players ahead of a personal desire to win.
· I will treat each player as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
· I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation for my players.
· I will promise to review and practice the basic first aid principles needed to treat injuries of my players.
· I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all my players.
· I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players
· I will provide a sports environment for my team that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and I will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
· I will be knowledgeable in the rules of each sport that I coach, and I will teach these rules to my players.
· I will use those coaching techniques appropriate for each of the skills that I teach.
· I will remember that I am a youth sports coach, and that the game is for children and not adults.
Parents' Code of Ethics
I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for my child participating in youth sports by following this Parents' Code of Ethics Pledge.
· I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating postive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice, or other youth sports event.
· I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of a personal desire to win.
· I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy envirnoment.
· I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
· I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
· I will remember that the game is for youth-not for adults.
· I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
· I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials, with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or ability.
· I promise to help my child enjoy the youth sports experience by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectable fan, assisting with coaching, or providing transportation.
· I will require that my child's coach be trained in the responsibilities of being a youth sports coach and that the coach upholds the Coaches' Code of Ethics.
Players' Code of Ethics
I hereby pledge to be positive about my youth sports experience and accept responsibility for my participation by following this Players' Code of Ethics Pledge.
· I will encourage good sportsmanship from fellow players, coaches, officials and parents at every game and practice by demonstrating good sportsmanship.
· I will attend every practice and game that I can, and will notify by coach if I cannot.
· I will expect to receive a fair and equal amount of playing time.
· I will do my very best to listen and learn from my coaches.
· I will treat my coaches, other players, officials and fans with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or abilities and I will expect to be treated accordingly.
· I deserve to have fun during my sports experience and will alert parents or coaches if it stops being fun!
· I deserve to play in an environment that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and expect adults to refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
· I will encourage my parents to be involved with my team in some capacity because it's important to me.
· I will do my very best in school.
· I will remember that sports is an opportunity to learn and have fun.
"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability"